Monday, April 6, 2015

Adjustable Contact/Short Tow Line Revisited

Below is a video of the adjustable short tow line in use. Since the person in the "victim kayak" was shooting the video, they are not laying on the "rescue kayak" so the video is not great. It shows that it is adjustable quickly and that it can be adjusted and released in gloves.

If you have not seen my contact tow blog yet, you can read it here. Then you will know to what I am referring.




I like to use high contrast and reflective line for this application so it is easy to see and recognize. I use 6mm cord for the low line and 3 or 4mm for the prusik. The one shown here is 4mm prusik. I used leftover deck rigging line.

This is the rope I use.
http://shop.blackjackmountainoutfitters.com/BlueWater-Ropes-6mm-NITELINE-by-the-Foot-500600REF.htm

And for the prusik.
http://shop.blackjackmountainoutfitters.com/BlueWater-Ropes-3mm-NITELINE-by-the-Foot-500300.htm


They also have this line in 4mm size which I use for deck line.

Now the Video.
Remember that this video is to show how easy the tow can be adjusted and is not an example of a good or safe tow.





No comments:

Post a Comment