Saturday, April 4, 2015

Kayak Work Stand



This blog is about a kayak work stand that I built a year or so ago. I needed something to support my kayaks while I worked on them or was washing them. My wife had looked for something commercially made but she could not find anything suitable. So, one afternoon I had to go to Home Depot for something and the kayak stand was on my mind. I came up with an idea and off to the store I went.



The design is simple and it folds up and stands in a corner of the garage.

What you need:
4 8'x1" PVC pipe
8 90 degree 1" PVC joints
2 bolts
2 wing nuts
PVC cement or screws to lock the joints in place.
6 feet of 2" webbing
6 screws and washers to attach the webbing

cut the 8' lengths of PVC to a 5' and 3' segments
drill whole in the center 1.5' of each of the 3' PVC segments
attach together in pairs using the bolts and wing nuts
attach the joints and connect the two X pieces you formed together with the 5' PVC segments
once you have it fitted together take apart and secure the joints with PVC cement or leave it together and secure with screws (I used screws so I can fully disassemble it if the need arises.
cut 3 2' lengths of webbing and secure as shown in the photos.

Simple and inexpensive.



No comments:

Post a Comment