Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Kayaking in Southport, NC

Back at the beginning of February my wife and I went to Southport, NC to visit with a friend and to do a little bit of kayaking. We paddled out to Frying Pan Shoals on our first day out. It is at the end of the video below.

I had surfed on Oak Island and Bald Head Island back in my younger days when I lived in North Myrtle Beach. This was my first time kayaking in the area. We also did a little property searching while we were there.

If you are into kayak surfing this is a great place to do it. I really do not have any good footage leaving the Cape Fear Inlet and the huge swells do to camera mount issues. I got it back on for Frying Pan Shoals only to have a wave rip it off again. I guess it is time for a new mount ot to use a helmet mount for surf.

If you are not into kayak surfing there are black water rivers, the Intracoastal Waterway and the Cape Fear River. There is much water to explore. We will be visiting regularly.

So here is my boring video of paddling at Southport.



No comments:

Post a Comment