Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Sunday Paddle on the Potomac

For Easter we went kayaking to avoid any giant psycho bunnies in paisley suits. It is a phobia I have from childhood. The things parents do to scar there kids for life. I wonder if that is their plan. Well enough about that.

So, we launched from Leesylvania State Park. We launch from the beach because their car top launch is crap. The new ranger stopped me as we were getting ready to launch and asked if I knew they had a car top launch. When I said yes he asked what I disliked about it. Apparently he wants input to get it changed/fixed. Nice guy. He said launching from the beach was fine, he was just looking for input.



We paddled to the wildlife refuge then across Occoquan Bay in 14 knot crosswinds and broaching waves. That was fun. We stop at the beach under the cliffs at High Point then paddled back across the Occoquan Bay and played in the waves before heading to shore. We also to a moment to shoot some short tow video.

All in all a good day on the water.








No comments:

Post a Comment