Saturday, October 29, 2016

Busy Autumn

Well, It has been a busy late summer early autumn.

My wife loves NDK Kayaks. And to be different I was always paddling something different. I really love my Point 65 Whisky16. But now after some pushing from my wife I am paddling an NDK Explorer and I think it is a great kayak. It is now my primary boat.

In August my wife became an NDK dealer ( Capital City Kayak ). We have the Virginia area. I have been building out the website and trying to get our marketing off the ground. I also had to move my workshop from the garage to the shed so we would have room to store the additional kayaks kayaks. I also had to build a new rack and another may be in our future.


Also we are dealers for Celtic Paddles and Reed Chill Cheater. So, now I am changing out some of my cold weather clothing because you should use what you sell. We are also hoping to carry Snapdragon spray skirts. My wife and I both love their product.

And as for Celtic Paddles, I am a huge fan. I was not sure when I got my first one. The blade scoop threw my roll off. After a little time I got my roll down with the Celtic and I love it. I am a huge fan of the 4 piece paddle and the ability to have one shaft and multiple blades. 

We also made it to the Kiptopeke Sea Kayaking Symposium. I had an great time kayaking with some great instructors (Ashley Brown, ACA L-5 Instructor and NDK sponsored kayker and Tom Noffsinger ACA L-5 Instructor and BCU 4-star paddler). Theses are two great instructors.






We have also had our standard range of local kayaking trips and Randi is at Autumn Gales this week. I am home holding down the fort.

Oh and I would like to mention that EveryTrail was bought by AllTrails and now my Islamorada Guide is gone. AllTrails has removed their Events functionality and they do not have guides posted by users, you can post a trail but that is not the same. I am finding little reason to pay them $29 a year for a pro account and my wife let hers go. I am looking to add guides and launch site into our webpage using Google Maps I will post about it when I figure it out.

I will try to get around to posting paddles we have done over the last few months, I also have some photos from a trip to Thomas Point Lighthouse a couple weeks ago that I need to process. And some gear repairs to do. Also don't forget to check and restock your first aid and kayak emergency kit and change out the batteries in your lights.

That is all for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment